June 21, 2012

Summer Sweet Treats

Not only is it officially summer, but New York City is officially a blaze with a heatwave! (Well, at least for a couple of days, that is.) And about the time it's legal to wear white shoes after Easter, I feel compelled to eat frozen treats - after all, nothing makes a gal feel more youthful than popsicles and gelato ... so I thought I'd share two of my favorites:

Popsicles:
I have been smitten with the delicious treats at people's pops, both at Chelsea Market (where I devoured the Strawberry Ginger) and at their brick & mortar store in Park Slope (where I devoured Raspberry Basil). Don't worry if you're not in the neighborhood of one of their local NYC jaunts - you can now make their recipes in the comfort of your very own kitchen. Their new book (under the same name) is now available. Perfect for the coming summer months!



Gelato:
Once you've tried Talenti Gelato, you won't want any other brand. Whether you dive into a pint of Sea Salt Caramel, Tahitian Vanilla Bean, or Belgian Milk Chocolate, you will be head over heels! Their sorbetto is equally as delicious (and naturally dairy free). But when I found out about their newest flavor, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, I may have almost shed tears of joy! Wondering what makes it all so delicious? Check out this video featuring founder Josh Hochschuler:


With these treats, you are sure to have a very happy summer!!

xx JN

No comments:

Post a Comment